Conducting your analysis
Prior to the study of your project of creation of truffle plantation, the agronomic analysis of your soil is essential in order to know the physico-chemical characteristics that will allow us to conclude on the feasibility of a truffle field on the land in question, and, if necessary, the most suitable truffle species.
Entrust us with your samples:
- We take care of sending them to a specialized laboratory;
- You receive your test results;
- Accompanied by our truffle expertise in a complete report.
You will find below our terms and conditions as well as our advice for :
- Sample collection;
- The number of samples to be analyzed;
- Sending the samples and obtaining the results.
If the agronomic analysis of your soil is favorable to truffle cultivation, we will be happy to offer you our support in the continuation and realization of your truffle project.
Soil sampling protocol
- Define the point(s) of analysis on the site
- Define a square of about 2m x 2m around the analysis point
- Sample 4 points around the analysis point:
- Dig and remove the soil to a depth of about 5 cm
- Prepare the soil on the first 15 cm of depth
Do not remove the stones as the screen rejection is taken into account in the analysis
- Disaggregate and mix the 4 soil samples into one
- Place the soil sample in a resealable plastic bag
- Label the sample
Number of test points to be performed
For a site with a potential planting area of < 1 Ha
- One point of analysis is sufficient.
For a site with a potential planting area > 1 Ha
- Several analysis points are necessary, the number being defined according to the characteristics of the site: homogeneity or heterogeneity of the soil, slope, fraction of several different plots…
- In case of heterogeneity of texture, structure, limestone rate, it will be advisable to have 1 soil sample analyzed per different zone identified.
Sending samples and receiving results
The sample(s) must be sent by mail to the following address
To the attention of Flora TODESCO
5 Rue Jacques Villermaux
Results take approximately 3 weeks from receipt of samples.
Upon receipt of the results, we proceed with the expertise of the data, which you will receive in a complete study report.